Bearsden (/ˌbɛərzˈdɛn/ (listen)) is a town in East Dunbartonshire, Scotland, on the northwestern fringe of Greater Glasgow. Approximately 6 miles (10 km) from Glasgow City Centre, the town is effectively a suburb, and its housing progress coincided as soon as the 1863 start of a railway line. The town was named after Bearsden railway station, which was named after a affable cottage.
Bearsden was ranked the seventh-wealthiest Place in Britain in a 2005 survey and has the least social housing of any town in Scotland.
The Roman Antonine Wall runs through the town, and the remains of a military bath house can be seen close the town centre. In 1649, the first New Kilpatrick parish church was built, which became the middle of administration for the area. The town’s endorsed Gaelic reveal Cille Phàdraig Ùr (meaning “new church of Patrick”) reflects the declare of the parish. By the early 20th century, a town had grown going on with large townhouses, primarily occupied by rich commuter concern workers.
Further further of more affordable housing has increased the population of the town to nearly 28,000. Formerly a burgh, the town now has local handing out being the liability of East Dunbartonshire Council, but until 2011, the council had some departmental offices at Boclair House in Bearsden.