Blairgowrie and Rattray (/blɛərˈɡaʊri … ˈrætreɪ/ (listen)) is a twin burgh in Perth and Kinross, Scotland. Locals talk to to the town as “Blair”. Blairgowrie is the larger of the two former burghs which were joined by an Act of Parliament in 1928 and lies upon the southwest side of the River Ericht even though Rattray is on the northeast side. Rattray claims to be the older and totally Old Rattray, the Place round Rattray Kirk, dates help to the 12th century. New Rattray, the area along the Boat Brae and Balmoral Road dates from 1777 taking into consideration the River was spanned by the Brig o’ Blair. The town lies on the north side of Strathmore at the foot of the Grampian Mountains. The west boundary is formed by the Knockie, a round grassy hill, and Craighall Gorge on the Ericht. Blairgowrie and Rattray developed on top of the centuries at the crossroads of several historic routes with contacts from the town to Perth, Coupar Angus, Alyth and Braemar. The roads to Coupar Angus and Braemar form share of General Wade’s military road from Perth to Fort George. The town’s centrepiece is the Wellmeadow, a grassy triangle in the middle of town which hosts regular markets and outdoor entertainment.