Clevedon (/ˈkliːvdən/, KLEEV-dən) is an English town and civil parish in the unitary authority of North Somerset, which covers allowance of the ceremonial county of Somerset. It recorded a population of 21,281 in the United Kingdom Census 2011. It lies along the Severn estuary, among a outfit of little hills that affix Church Hill, Wain’s Hill (topped by the remains of an Iron Age hill fort), Dial Hill, Strawberry Hill, Castle Hill, Hangstone Hill and Court Hill, a Site of Special Scientific Interest. It features in the Domesday Book of 1086. Clevedon grew in the Victorian time as a seaside resort and in the 20th century as a dormitory town.