Cowdenbeath (/ˌkaʊdənˈbiːθ/ (listen); Scots: Coudenbeith) is a town and burgh in west Fife, Scotland. It is 5 miles (8 km) north-east of Dunfermline and 18 miles (29 km) north of the capital, Edinburgh. The town grew up on the extensive coalfields of the Place and became a police burgh in 1890. According to a 2008 estimate, the town has a population of 14,081.
The wider civil parish of Beith has a population of 17,351 (in 2011).