Dronfield Woodhouse is a district of Dronfield, in North East Derbyshire, England. Its habitation has existed as to come as the 11th century (Cowley – pronounced Coaley – Farm, to the south) and its main road, Carr Lane, features a 13th-century house, formerly Hall Farm. The 19th-century former primary School upon Holmesfield Road is now an elderly care home.
Coal mining was an important commotion in the village in the 19th and in the future 20th Centuries and the last pit to near was Hurst Hollow in 1947. The current public house, the Miners’ Arms, stands opposite the open to one of the former mines. Along taking into account mining went Methodism. The chapel, built in 1848, has recently been converted into a house following its closure. In the sharp post accomplishment period the village had its own read out office and general stock opposite Hall Farm and there were with two additional village shops in Carr Lane. The building of a number of council houses in the 1950s aligned Dronfield Woodhouse to the hamlet of Stubley which in its aim had already been joined to Dronfield in the become old between the two world wars. In the 1960s a large housing early payment took place in the bordering Gosforth Valley turning Dronfield Woodhouse into a quiet dormitory settlement for available Sheffield and Chesterfield. The surrounding countryside is nevertheless readily accessible however, and the boundary of the Peak District National Park is less than 2 miles to the west.