Edlington is a town and civil parish in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, lying to the south west of Doncaster and Warmsworth. It has a population of 8,276. The indigenous parish town of Edlington is now known as Old Edlington; adjacent, and to the north, is New Edlington. It is often referred to by locals as ‘Edlo’.
Since 1974 Edlington has been allowance of the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in the metropolitan county of South Yorkshire. It had, since 1894, formed share of Doncaster Rural District in the West Riding of Yorkshire.