Filton is a suburban town and civil parish in South Gloucestershire, England, north of the City of Bristol and nearly 5 miles (8.0 km) from the city centre. The town centres on Filton Church, which dates support to the 12th century and is a Grade II listed building.
The declare of the town comes from the Old English feleþe (hay), and tūn (farm, field). The proclaim dates incite to at least 1187.
Filton has large areas of approach space which tally up several playing fields, a golf course and the former Filton Airport (closed in 2012).