Hornsea is a little seaside resort, town and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The agreement dates to at least the in advance medieval period. The town was expanded in the Victorian era once the coming of the Hull and Hornsea Railway in 1864.
The civil parish encompasses Hornsea town; the natural lake, Hornsea Mere; as with ease as the aimless or deserted villages of Hornsea Beck, Northorpe and Southorpe.
Structures of note similar to the parish add up the medieval parish church of St Nicholas, Bettison’s Folly, Hornsea Mere and the sea front promenade.
The Hull and Hornsea Railway opened 1864, and was closed in 1964 – the main railway station, Hornsea Town, is yet extant, and the former trackbed forms the section of the Trans Pennine Trail to Hull.
In the First World War the Mere was briefly the site of RNAS Hornsea, a seaplane base. During the Second World War the town and seashore was heavily fortified neighboring invasion.