Kirkconnel (Gaelic: Cille Chonaill) is a small parish in Dumfries and Galloway, southwestern Scotland. It is located on the A76 near the head of Nithsdale. Principally it has been a sporting community. The make known comes from The Church of Saint Conal. In 1850 the village had without help a single street. Next to Kirkconnel is a surgically remove village called Kelloholm.
It is also united with the ballad Helen of Kirkconnel.