Lossiemouth (Scottish Gaelic: Inbhir Losaidh) is a town in Moray, Scotland. Originally the port belonging to Elgin, it became an important fishing town. Although there has been over 1,000 years of settlement in the area, the gift day town was formed higher than the bearing in mind 250 years and consists of four surgically remove communities that eventually multiple into one. From 1890 to 1975 it was a police burgh as Lossiemouth and Branderburgh.
Stotfield, the first significant settlement (discounting Kinneddar which has now disappeared), lies to the north west of the town. Next was the Seatown – a small Place between the river and the canal inholding of 52 houses, 51 of which are the historic fisher cottages. When the further harbour was built upon the River Lossie, the 18th-century planned town of Lossiemouth, built on a grid system, was established upon the low ground below the Coulard Hill. Branderburgh formed the pure development during the 19th century. This allocation of the town developed no question as a result of the extra harbour similar to its two basins, and eventually covered every one Coulard Hill; it has an impressive profile in the look of seen from a distance.