Methil is an eastern coastal town in Scotland. It was first recorded as “Methkil” in 1207, and belonged to the Bishop of St Andrews. Two Bronze Age cemeteries have been discovered which date the agreement as higher than 8,000 years old.
It was allocation of its own barony in 1614 and also portion of the former burgh of Buckhaven and Methil. This burgh existed amid 1891 and 1975 (following the reorganisation of local government). It is situated within a continuous urban Place described as Levenmouth.
Methil lies geographically with Largo Bay to the east and Wemyss Bay to the west. Previously an industrial maritime powerhouse of the region and later Scotland’s greatest coal port, it is now redirecting itself towards a green excitement future. The River Leven delineates Methil from bordering towns.