Norton Radstock is the former reveal of the little conurbation covering Midsomer Norton, Radstock and Westfield, in the English ceremonial county of Somerset. It was formerly a large civil parish in the unitary authority of Bath and North East Somerset, 8 miles (13 km) south west of Bath, and the thesame distance north west of Frome. It had a population of 21,325 according to the 2001 census. The term Norton Radstock is not recognised by local residents, neither does it appear upon any road map. It consisted of the towns of Midsomer Norton and Radstock and the parish of Westfield. The parish was north of the Mendip Hills. It included the smaller settlements of Clandown, Westfield and Haydon. Following a Governance Evaluation in 2010, it was abolished in 2011 and replaced by three smaller councils.
Norton Radstock was twinned when Ambarès-et-Lagrave in France from September 1982.
Clandown was formerly a mining village, on the Somerset coalfield, but the last pits in the Place closed in the late 1960s. The village’s roots date support to Celtic times, where it was unconditional the name ‘Clandown’ which means meeting place. The village tainted hands many time from Celts to Romans to Saxons and in view of that on. Clandown’s Church of the Holy Trinity is a small church in quasi-perpendicular style, dating from 1847–49. It was built for the Rev. Charles Otway Mayne of Midsomer Norton by the architect G. P. Manners (Bath City Architect). It is a Grade II listed building. The church was converted to apartments some years ago. As without difficulty as the church, there were two chapels and three public houses. One of the chapels has been demolished and the supplementary has been converted to apartments. Two pubs have been demolished. A school was opened in 1861 (there having been a dame speculative before this) and closed in 2006.
The manageable Bowlditch Quarry is a 0.25-hectare (0.62-acre) Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The parish was created in 1974 as a successor to the Norton-Radstock urban district which had been created in 1933 by the join up of Midsomer Norton and Radstock urban districts, along in the same way as part of Frome Rural District. Under the Local Government Act 1972 it became a successor parish to the urban district.