Pitlochry (/pɪtˈlɒxri/; Baile Chloichridh or Baile Chloichrigh in Gaelic) is a town in the county of Perthshire in Scotland, lying on the River Tummel. It is administered as share of the council area of Perth and Kinross, and has a population of 2,776, according to the 2011 census.
It is largely a Victorian town, which developed into a tourist resort after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert visited the area in 1842 and bought a highland house at Balmoral, and the dawn of the railway in 1863. It remains a popular tourist resort today and is particularly known for its Pitlochry Festival Theatre, salmon ladder and as a middle for hillwalking, surrounded by mountains such as Ben Vrackie and Schiehallion. It is popular as a base for coach holidays. The town has retained many rock Victorian buildings, and the tall street has an uncommon period cast iron canopy higher than one side.