Rosehearty (Scottish Gaelic: Ros Abhartaich) is a settlement on the Moray Firth coast, four miles west of the town Fraserburgh, in the historical county of Aberdeenshire in Scotland.
The burgh has a population of approximately 1,300 in the same way as about 25 per cent of pensionable age. There is one shop, a butcher, a hairdresser and two hotels in the village.
A new liberal Rosehearty Primary School was built in 2007 and accommodates seven classrooms, an ICT computer suite and a games hall past retractable theatre seating and marginal acoustics and lighting. The college caters for nearly 140-160 pupils in total.
The concurrence which is now Rosehearty was founded by a bureau of shipwrecked Danes in the 14th century. In 1424 the Fraser relations built Pitsligo Castle a few hundred yards inland; the castle was bigger by the Forbes relations in 1570. The remains of the Castle are visible from Rosehearty.
Rosehearty didn’t officially exist until it was fixed a charter in the 1680s by King Charles II.