St Neots /sɛnʔ ˈniːəts/ is a town and civil parish in the Huntingdonshire District of the county of Cambridgeshire, England, approximately 50 miles (80 km) north of central London. The town straddles the River Great Ouse and is served by a railway station upon the East Coast Main Line. It is 14 miles (23 km) west of Cambridge, to which it is linked by the A428 arterial road. It is the largest town in Cambridgeshire similar to a population of on the order of 32000.
The town is named after the Cornish monk Saint Neot, whose bones were moved to the Priory here from the hamlet of St Neot on Bodmin Moor in in the region of 980 AD. Pilgrimage to the priory church and parish church brought privileged circumstances to the agreement and the town was arranged a push charter in 1130. In the 18th and 19th centuries the town enjoyed supplementary prosperity through corn milling, brewing, stagecoach traffic and railways.
After the Second World War the town and its industry were selected for immediate growth as London councils paid for supplementary housing to be built to rehouse families from London. The first London overspill housing was completed in the to the lead 1960s and extra housing has continued at a slightly lower rate such that the population, even taking into account the additions from Bedfordshire and their former headcounts, is approximately four era that of the 1920s.