Telscombe is a civil parish and electoral ward (called East Saltdean and Telscombe Cliffs) with the status of a town in the Lewes District of East Sussex, England. It consists of three clear settlements, separated from each extra by an open Place of downland called Telscombe Tye.
Telscombe village is a small village upon the South Downs, six miles (10 km) south of Lewes. It includes the parish church, with origins dating urge on to the 10th century. The village has a population of fewer than 50 people.
The parish retains its ancient boundaries, which attain from the village to the coast, and the major share of the population is in the two coastal settlements. At the eastern subside of the parish, about 4500 people stimulate at Telscombe Cliffs, developed in the 20th century effectively as an strengthening of the town of Peacehaven higher than the town boundary. At the western end, the remaining 2500 population forms part of the community of Saltdean, the remainder of Saltdean subconscious within the city of Brighton and Hove.
In 1929, thanks to the deposit in population, Telscombe gained a parish council: in 1974 it became a town, with a mayor. The additional civic centre in Telscombe Cliffs came into use in 2000.
The Prime Meridian crosses the northeast corner of Telscombe parish. The town has a school, Telscombe Cliffs Primary.