Tipton is an industrial town in the West Midlands in England following a population of vis-Ð°-vis 38,777 at the 2011 UK Census.
Tipton was gone one of the most heavily industrialised towns in the Black Country, with thousands of people employed in the town’s industries. Its factories began closing in the 1970s and it has gradually become a commuter town, home largely to people keen in new parts of the region.
Historically within Staffordshire, most of the town is now in the borough of Sandwell, with the western fringes – including the Foxyards estate and the site of the former Tipton Town Hall – in the borough of Dudley. It is located neighboring the towns of Dudley, Wednesbury and Bilston. It is furthermore located amid Wolverhampton and Birmingham. It in addition to incorporates the areas of Princes stop and Ocker Hill.
Tipton was an urban district until 1938, when it became a municipal borough. Much of the Borough of Tipton was transferred into West Bromwich County Borough in 1966, but parts of the obsolescent borough were absorbed into an expanded Dudley borough and the newly created County Borough of Warley. Along when the land of West Bromwich and Warley, Tipton was moved into the Sandwell Metropolitan Borough in 1974 and remains within this local authority to this day.